Coronavirus / COVID-19 Response Information
Please check back often as new informtion is coming in constantly. We will endeavor to keep this page as up-to-date as possible.
The CT AFL-CIO has privided guidances on the filing of COVID-reated Workers' Comp claims.
Please read the attached Workers' Comp Guidance Fact Sheet.
The Comptroller's Office has announced a loosening of the HEP requirements to alleviate strain on medical providers. This policy has now been extended.
Emails were sent to all HEP subscribers, and can be viewed here: Email of March 20, 2020 and Email of May 8, 2020.
Please see the latest statements Judge Caroll regarding PPE and COVID-19 testing availability:
- Memo (email) regarding use of face masks at work
- Memo (email) regarding CVS testing site in New Haven
Please see the latest statements from the Local and SEBAC.
- Local President Ron Nelson's open letter to the membership of March 20, 2020
- SEBAC statement and report of March 20, 2020
SEBAC leadership is in constant discussion with the governors office to address issues as they come up.
Please see the SEBAC statement and report of March 20, 2020 and SEBAC statement of March 15, 2020, as well as info on the latest Executive Order from Governor Lamont.
"Level 1 Shut Down" Plan
Effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020, the Judicial Branch will implement the following updated plans:
- A limited number of courts will be open as the designated as the location at which the Priority 1 Business Functions will be handled. One builiding in each Judicial district remains open with the exception of:
- Litchfield Judicial District courthouse - temporarily closed until further notice, effective at the close of business on Friday, March 27, 2020. Matters will transferred to the Waterbury GA #4.
- GA #19 courthouse in Rockville - temporarily closed until further notice, effective at the close of business on Friday, March 27, 2020. Matters from Rockville will transfer to the Hartford GA #14 courthouse
- GA #11 courthouse in Danielson - temporarily closed until further notice, effective at the close of business on Friday, March 27, 2020. Matters from Danielson will transferred to the New London Judicial District courthouse.
- In addition, Danbury Judicial District courthouse closed effective at the end of business on Wednesday, March 25, 2020. Matters from Danbury cases have been transferred to Waterbury GA #4.
- Juvenile Matters will be heard only in the Hartford and Bridgeport juvenile courthouses. The Branch's Executive Directors will communicate with their respective employees to determine who will staff these locations, and who will conduct all other vital functions such as payroll, information technology and human resources functions.
- All other staff, while remaining on the payroll, will be asked to remain at home. Those employees who are able to work at home will do so.
For complete details, please see the attached memo from Judge Carroll emailed 3/26/20.
The Judicial Branch and the Governor's Office have sent out a number of emails and recommendations as to how to limit exposure and protect yourself from contracting the virus. Unfortunately, our members are on the front lines and should do their best to limit contact with the public while completing their assignments.
Below are attachments that address some concerns about attendance and the coronavirus. Please review.
If there is exposure at work please advise members to document the exposure with their supervisor and fill out a 30c workers compensation form.
- Click here to download the March 6 memorandum.
- Guidance regarding absences, requests for telework and/or changes in work schedules due to COVID-19 memorandum (updated 3/13/20) from OPM.
- Click here to download the March 16 memorandum from the Judicial Branch, adopting and updating the Executive Branch policy.
There are still a lot of questions surrounding the pandemic. Each issue will probably be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Please advise your fellow members to go to the Local749.org website or Facebook page for updates.
Other Resources Regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19:
State of Connecticut COVID-19 Information Page | Council 4 Coronoavirus Resource Center | Coronavirus Disease 2019 - AFSCME Fact Sheet
Coronavirus Disease 2019 - AFSCME Industry-Specific Guidance | SEBAC Leadership Report on State Government Response To COVID-19
LiveHealth Online (Anthem Subcribers) | Coronavirus COVID-19 (Hartford Heath)