Coronavirus / COVID-19 Response Information
Please check back often as new informtion is coming in constantly. We will endeavor to keep this page as up-to-date as possible.
Executive Order 7BBB - Out of State Travel to certain states
Click here to read all of Execuive Order 7, or any other Executive Order.
For details of additional expansion of open court locations, please see the attached memo from Judge Carroll emailed 7/1/20.
Please see the latest memo regarding Judicial Branch use of accruals.
For details of the expansion of open court locations and details of the reopening plan, please see the attached memo from Judge Carroll emailed 6/4/20.
For complete details of the Level 1 Shutdown, please see the attached memo from Judge Carroll emailed 3/26/20.
Please see the latest statements from the Local and SEBAC.
- Joint Labor-Management Return to Work Principles Approved 6-15-2020 - SEBAC and Judicial
- Local President Ron Nelson's open letter to the membership of March 20, 2020
- SEBAC statement and report of March 20, 2020
Please see the latest statements Judge Caroll regarding PPE and COVID-19 testing availability:
- Memo (email) regarding Judicial Branch intranet resource for employees regarding PPE and COVID-19 information - 6/16/20
- Memo (email) update regarding expandanded COVID testing in New Briatin and Middlesex area - 6/17/20
- Memo (email) regarding Phase 1 of COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic front line employees (Waterbury, Danbury) - 6/16/20
- Memo (email) regarding Phase 1 of COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic front line employees (New Britain, Middlesex), and corresponding attachments from Hartford Health - 6/8/20
- Memo (email) regarding expandanded COVID testing in New Briatin and Middlesex area, and corresponding attachments from Hartford Health - 6/4/20
- Memo (email) regarding expandinded COVID testing, and corresponding attachments from Hartford Health - 5/29/20
- Memo (email) regarding use of face masks at work - 4/20/20
- Memo (email) regarding CVS testing site in New Haven - 4/20/20
The attached memorandum contains important information regarding the submission of the State Employees Retirement System (SERS) Limited Durable Power of Attorney form (CO-1049), also attached, for retirement purposes while the circumstances created by the novel coronavirus remain in place.
The CT AFL-CIO has privided guidances on the filing of COVID-reated Workers' Comp claims.
Please read the attached Workers' Comp Guidance Fact Sheet.
The Comptroller's Office has announced a loosening of the HEP requirements to alleviate strain on medical providers. This policy has now been extended.
Emails were sent to all HEP subscribers, and can be viewed here: Email of March 20, 2020 and Email of May 8, 2020.
SEBAC leadership is in constant discussion with the governors office to address issues as they come up.
Please see the SEBAC statement and report of March 20, 2020 and SEBAC statement of March 15, 2020, as well as info on the latest Executive Order from Governor Lamont.
The Judicial Branch and the Governor's Office have sent out a number of emails and recommendations as to how to limit exposure and protect yourself from contracting the virus. Unfortunately, our members are on the front lines and should do their best to limit contact with the public while completing their assignments.
Below are attachments that address some concerns about attendance and the coronavirus. Please review.
If there is exposure at work please advise members to document the exposure with their supervisor and fill out a 30c workers compensation form.
- Click here to download the March 6 memorandum.
- Guidance regarding absences, requests for telework and/or changes in work schedules due to COVID-19 memorandum (updated 3/13/20) from OPM.
- Click here to download the March 16 memorandum from the Judicial Branch, adopting and updating the Executive Branch policy.
There are still a lot of questions surrounding the pandemic. Each issue will probably be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Please advise your fellow members to go to the Local749.org website or Facebook page for updates.
Other Resources Regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19:
State of Connecticut COVID-19 Information Page | Council 4 Coronoavirus Resource Center | Coronavirus Disease 2019 - AFSCME Fact Sheet
Coronavirus Disease 2019 - AFSCME Industry-Specific Guidance | SEBAC Leadership Report on State Government Response To COVID-19
LiveHealth Online (Anthem Subcribers) | Coronavirus COVID-19 (Hartford Heath)